Tuesday, April 20

Week 8: First Quarter almost over!

I didn't realize I'd been so delinquent in writing. With Facebook, I tend to forget to actually WRITE. And I need to, more than little blurbs in my status. I need to continue to WRITE. I enjoy it. I have gotten away from doing it, and I need to get back in the habit.

Having said that, this post won't be very long, as it's 9 p.m. and I have not been feeling well the last 24 hours and very much want to go to bed. But I felt I should post an official "Praise Jesus" for the provision God has given me in the last week.

  1. A sister who works hard to put together a 'little' video presentation for a fundraiser for her sister
  2. A church that is willing to work hard to put together a 'little' fundraiser dinner for me, an erstwhile attendee who hasn't even lived in the same state as the church in 6 years.
  3. Pastors of two congregations of said church who care about me and my family, and all the people in the congregations who care about me and Cindy and have been praying for us.
  4. Parents who work hard in support of their congregation and in support of me and Cindy. Talk about a thankless job. (supporting me and cindy, not the congregation.)
  5. Friends who send support of the financial and spiritual kind, both vital to my survival...
  6. $1,985.54 being sent from the fundraiser dinners. Three months of support. Unbelievable. 
  7. Students who smile when they see me and tell me they missed me, even though I was only "absent" an hour. (I came in late this morning.)
  8. People in Peru who have given gifts; sacrificial monthly amounts, and one-time anonymous gifts that have come exactly when I needed them. I've been here for 2 months, and three days ago went to the ATM for the first time. Before that, God provided through people here!
  9. The blessing of Skype, Vonage, and the internet. Even when I hate it, I love it. 
  10. The joy I have in being able to talk to 20 third graders about Jesus and God and loving each other in a righteous manner. 
  11. My wonderful friend Dana (met her the first day I moved into the dorm at college) who is coming to visit on May 8!!!
 Would you please pray for a decision I have to make in the next two days: I have long felt that I need to be paying my student loan payment rather than using forbearance... I have been in forbearance for the last three years, and as a result my balance isn't any lower now than when I started making payments ten years ago... My decision is: do I act in faith and start paying the $120/month, or ask for more forbearance? Other than the student loan, my only monthly obligation is $38/month for my Compassion International child in Haiti. God has always given me the money to make that payment.

Thank you all for your prayers. Thank you all for your support. Thank you all for the work you are each doing in your own lives, your own homes, your own 'mission fields'.

God bless,
Emily

1 comment:

  1. 1st Paragraph...Amen for you and Amen for me

    Praise God! I'm so excited to hear the fundraisers went well. :)

    May God give you wisdom as you make decisions small and large.

    ReplyDelete