Tuesday, November 1

Trophy Hunting, my style

So, my job does occasionally have perks.

For instance, last Friday, my boss was kind enough to allow me to leave for 2 hours over lunch time so that I could walk five blocks and join 1.75 million other people cheering for the World Champion White Sox.

And this morning, quite by accident, my job took me into the presence of the World Series (and American League) Championship Trophy.

(all together now: oooooooh... aaaaahhhhhh.)

I had to deliver an MBE application to City Hall when they opened at 8:30 a.m. It meant I had to get to work about 30 minutes earlier than normal. I wasn't too unhappy, tho- it was a beautiful morning and since the sun goes down at 4:00 p.m. now (THANK YOU VERY MUCH DAYLIGHT SAVINGS), I was very much enjoying the only sunlight I was going to be able to really experience.

So I walk into City Hall with my box (yes, BOX) full of documents for this application, when what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a giant cheesecake and 8 kegs of beer!

 

Okay, no beer, just checking to see which of you is still with me. There WAS cheesecake, b

1 comment:

  1. There WAS cheesecake, b?

    Can we have the rest of the post? What kind of cheesecake? Was is good? And is that what the trophy was sitting on?

    ReplyDelete