Thursday, October 27

What color are *your* socks today?

Weeeeeeeee are the Champions!!!!

 

Can I just say that I really wanted to wear my Sox cap to work today? Not quite appropriate for an architectural firm, tho.

 

I am very excited to say that not only did the World Series *come* to Chicago, Chicago showed up and conquered the World Series. In a sweep, no less. GO SOX. The compassionate part of me was really hoping for the Astros to win just one game... but, hey, I'm not really too upset. In fact, I'm pretty stoked.

 

I am also glad in a way that they won in Houston and not Chicago. Not that I don't think longingly of what it would have sounded like at the Cell when that last out was called and the stadium erupted and the fireworks went off. BUT, I don't' think longingly of the hundred thousand or so (mostly drunk) Sox fans all crowded in a small geographical space on the south side. I was also a little glad that the weather here in Chi-town when that last out was called was downright dreary: cold and rainy. Not very conducive to large groups of people hitting the streets. (Not even drunk people.)

 

So, just wanted to post to let you all know I'm alive and kicking.

 

And so are the Sox.

2 comments:

  1. My soxs are blue today with gray at the heel and toes. They are nice warm boot socks. They are actually my favorite pair of socks..that is why mom gave two pairs to me for Christmas last year. So I am heading down town to see my sister and take pictures with Filbert. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, what's up with the color changes in your posts? Sometimes they make sense, but sometimes they seem random....

    ReplyDelete