Thursday, April 20

excited about this weekend

So, I am excited about this weekend. My mom, other grandma, and aunt are coming up Saturday morning and we are going to go to my church building and spend a good chunk of the day making or helping other people make quilt blocks for FIVE quilts. 4 wedding quilts and an ordination. They are spending the night at a hotel with TWO pools AND a hot tub. Then, after church on Sunday, the Cambodian congregation of our church is hosting a Cambodian New Year's Celebration, with food, music, and dancing, and we are going to spend time there, too.

I am excited mostly that my family members are excited. I mean, it's not everyone that would spend money to come up and sew for total strangers and think that Cambodian New Year Celebrations were cool. Of course, I KNOW the real draw is that they get to come spend time with us, me and my wonderful sister.

We miss them, too.

 

1 comment: