Thursday, March 15

Today's update

I have an appointment tomorrow at 11:00 with a different temp agency. it is downtown. i am still playing phone tag with the Floor Manager at Shedd. I sent 4 resumes out today, two of them for positions i think i would actually really like.

Again, or immediate need is for immediate work and immediate pay. We are supposed to resign our lease and drop it off tomorrow. i am really struggling with signing a lease when i have no way to pay for rent. on the other hand, i have no way to pay for moving out, either. my biggest struggle is with asking our third roommate Dana to sign the lease knowing that we cannot pay. This requires her to have faith that God will somehow provide too. Somehow, that stress upon her doesn't seem fair, since we're the ones without employment.

So please pray for all three of us and our living together. we like living together as a little "mini-family-unit" and cindy and i really have no other options but to resign the lease and keep praying to God for provision. Please pray for Dana in all this. Thanks.

i'm trying to also think about ways God IS providing for us- and so: we were able to borrow a friend's car and go to Aldi to buy some groceries; I have money in my account to buy some groceries; i have a roof over my head to keep out the freezing rain, and heat that comes on every so often to keep the temperature much higher than the 34 degrees it is outside right now; i have a CTA pass to get me downtown to my interview tomorrow; i have clean clothes to wear to the interview, and a computer and printer to create and print a resume and cover letters to take to my interview; i have internet access so i can job search and send out resumes and cover letters; i have friends who love me.

of course, please note that for half of those things that i just listed, quick on their heels come thoughts such as "although i'm not paying for that internet access and can't" and "although i owe dana money for the printer ink that i can't give her" so i guess i'm only really half successful in concentrating on my daily blessings... sigh. oh, also, cindy is getting sick again- please pray for her to get well. it's hard to job search when you don't have any voice at all...

love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been able to leave a comment for a while because the word verification wouldn't come up. So now, I don't remember what I was going to say, but I'm glad I can now say it...whatever it may be.

    Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete