Thursday, January 17

I'm just wondering...

What is the best Christmas gift you’ve ever gotten? Or, just gift in general. I’m not necessarily talking biggest or most impressive, but the “best” in terms of the circumstances of who it was from, where you were at in your life, meant the most, hit just the right nerve, etc. So really, it doesn’t even have to be just ONE, cuz there’s likely to be a couple that come to mind, for different reasons.

 

For instance, this year’s Christmas included two gifts that I would highlight as “the best” (picture high school girl gushing to her friends on the bus- “oh my gosh, it was like, The Best gift eh-VER!”)

One is the digital camera cindy and I got jointly from Mom and Dad. Usually, gifts that I’ve asked for specifically, don’t always fall into that “the best” category because, well, part of “the best” for me is the surprising aptness of the gift upon the reveal. But this case is different because this camera is “the best” and it will (already has) give cindy and me many happy times. We’ve been without a camera now for years, and we LIKE to take and have pictures. We are very excited about our new camera, and I’m sure you’ll be seeing many pics taken with it.

 

So the second gift from this year I’d categorize as “the best”? I’m not telling you. Well, not until tomorrow, because today I don’t happen to have the camera, and I’d rather just post a picture of it. Those of you that know me well will understand immediately.

 

But thinking about it this morning has made me wonder, what are some of those memorable gifts that others have gotten? (A big huge stuffed Nemo (from the movie, yes) is another of my “best” gifts.)

1 comment:

  1. I guess one that comes to mind is some lavendar lotion. I got it as a secret santa...and loved it (well it was hand cream...not lotion) and a year or more later when I asked my friend where she got it, she let me know. Then the next Bible Study she had a whole container of lotion for me...for no reason at all.

    The other is my Growing Pains video set. My husband is secure enough in our relationship not to be threatened by my former obsession with KTC, and he even watched some of them with me. He may never admit that he enjoyed them, but I know the truth.

    ReplyDelete